2019 IEEE PES GM Student Support Program and Poster Contest
The 2019 IEEE PES General Meeting organizing committee and the student activities subcommittee of IEEE PES Power and Energy Education Committee are happy to announce that there will be both a Student Support Program and a Student Poster Contest at the 2019 IEEE PES GM in Atlanta, GA, USA from August 4-8, 2019. Online application submission for both student housing support and student poster contest is located here. The website is now open for submissions.
Note that the deadline for all for submissions is April 19, 2019, 5:00 PM EST USA.
Conference registration to the 2019 PES GM is required for student housing support applications and submission of poster abstracts. Please register here.
Students wishing to be considered for the poster contest must submit a 1 page abstract in PDF format, written according to the IEEE PES template.
Samples of 1 page abstract are available here.
Students are NOT required to submit the poster online at any time. Deadline for submitting 1 page abstracts is April 19, 2019, 5:00 PM EST.
We plan to notify students of acceptance into this program by May 10, 2019.
A few pointers:
- This subcommittee is not involved in providing letters in support of visa applications for international visitors. For that purpose, visit: http://www.pes-gm.org/2019/
- To facilitate timely processing of hotel rooms for student attendees, the subcommittee has decided not to extend the deadline beyond April 19, 2019. We sincerely hope that with the enough lead time, you will not find the need to request an extension of the deadline.
- Poster session will be held on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 from 7:30AM - 9:30AM.
- Student Poster Award winners will be announced at Student Industry Faculty Luncheon program on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 11:30AM – 01:30PM. Note that a ticket is required for entry and can be purchased at the point of registration or at the conference. Tickets are limited so it is advisable to purchase at point of registration.
- A job fair will follow the Student Industry Faculty Luncheon program. So please prepare and bring your resume.
IEEE PES Student Activities Subcommittee
Dr. Aaron St. Leger
Dr. Valentina Cecchi
Dr. Sridhar Chouhan
Dr. Anthony S. Deese
Aaron St. Leger, Ph.D.
Electrical Engineering Program Director
Class of 1950 Chair of Advanced Technology
United States Military Academy
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
West Point, NY 10996
Tel: (845) 938-5323