The tutorials and Plain Talk courses listed below provide excellent opportunities for participants to attain their personal development objectives. These courses are eligible for CEUs (Continuing Education Units). CEU certificates are useful for registered Professional Engineers in states where continuing education is required.
Plain Talk About the Electric Power Industry
PES PLAIN TALK courses aim to increase your understanding of the electric power system, how it operates and how it is evolving. PES PLAIN TALK courses for the power industry professional provide you with practical knowledge that you can use as you work in or with this important industry. These courses will help you to understand technical aspects of the electric power industry, even if you do not have an engineering background.
PES PLAIN TALK courses are co-located with the PES General Meeting and do not require conference registration; a separate registration is required. Each day begins at 7:30 am with registration/breakfast. The courses run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. There are single and multiple-course registration options.
Early Bird Registration ends June 27, 2017.
PES PLAIN TALK courses offered at the General Meeting cover a range of topics. Choose from:
- Power System Basics - Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- Distribution System - Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Transmission System - Thursday, July 20, 2017
PES Tutorials offered at the General Meeting cover a range of topics. Choose from:
- Six half-day tutorials. These include a variety of topics including Synchrophasors Estimation and Control, DER's, IEEE 1547 Standard, Microgrids, and Challenges in Cascading Analysis
- Seven full day tutorials encompassing a wide range of topics including, IEEE C62.22, Energy Storage, Smart Inverters, HVDC, Cybersecurity, shunt compensation, and Distribution Automation/Management Systems.
Tutorials are part of the General Meeting. An additional registration fee is required in addition to the conference fee.