IEEE PES Student Poster Contest
Abstract submission for student poster session and application for hotel support are not being accepted at this time. All the decisions for acceptance/ rejection have already been made
The IEEE PES GM 2014 Organizing Committee and the PES Power & Energy Education Committee are happy to announce that there will be a Student Poster Contest at the 2014 IEEE PES General Meeting in National Harbor, MD (Metro DC).
Any student registered for school for an engineering degree (BS, MS, Ph.D) can apply. Any student who has recently graduated with one of the above degrees can also apply. Students who have graduated prior to one year before the due date of these programs will not be eligible.
Here follow the details and requirements related to this year’s Student Poster Contest.
CALL FOR POSTERS FOR THE GM 2014 STUDENT POSTER CONTEST AND SESSION
Students are invited to submit a 1-page abstract for posters on all topics related to electric power and energy.
TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT:
- The abstract must be strictly one-page.
HELPFUL TIP: An abstract with more than one page will not be accepted. For an example of past abstracts, please see book of abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted online at: abstract upload site.
HELPFUL TIP: Guidelines for naming and uploading files are provided at the site.
- The Abstract must be submitted by Thursday, April 24, 2014 no later than midnight EST.
HELPFUL TIP: If you have problems uploading your abstract, please contact the student meetings subcommittee as shown below:
IEEE-PES Student Meetings Subcommittee
REQUIREMENTS IF YOUR ABSTRACT IS ACCEPTED FOR POSTER PRESENTATION:
- All Accepted Poster Authors must register to attend GM 2014.
- Posters should be presented at the Student Poster Session scheduled for Tuesday, July 29, 2014 from 7:00-9:30 a.m.
HELPFUL TIP: There is no requirement for accepted posters to be presented prior to the actual date of the Student Poster Session at the GM, but you will be requested to arrive just before the Poster Sessions begins in order to check in and hang your accepted poster.
- Poster Sizes should be no more than 42" vertical by 46" horizontal and should be presented during poster session.
HELPFUL TIP: The Committee does not have a specific template for accepted posters.