The tutorials and Plain Talk courses listed below provide excellent opportunities for participants to attain their personal development objectives. These courses are eligible for CEUs (Continuing Education Units). CEU certificates are useful for registered Professional Engineers in states where continuing education is required.
PLAIN TALK ABOUT THE ELECTRIC POWER INDUSTRY
PES PLAIN TALK courses aim to increase your understanding of the electric power system, how it operates and how it is evolving. PES PLAIN TALK courses for the power industry professional provide you with practical knowledge that you can use as you work in or with this important industry. These courses will help you to understand technical aspects of the electric power industry, even if you do not have an engineering background.
PES PLAIN TALK courses are co-located with the PES General Meeting and do not require conference registration; a separate registration is required. Each day begins at 7:30 am with registration/breakfast. The courses run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. There are single and multiple-course registration options.
Early Bird Registration ends July 1st, 2014
PES PLAIN TALK courses offered at the General Meeting cover a range of topics. Choose from:
- Power System Basics - Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- Distribution System - Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- Transmission System - Thursday, July 31, 2014
PES Tutorials offered at the General Meeting cover a range of topics. Choose from:
- Three half-day tutorials. These include a variety of tutorials covering Microgrids, Electric Vehicle Charging in Distribution, and Smart Grid Data and Analytics.
- Nine full day tutorials encompassing a wide range of topics iincluding Power Quality, Energy Forecasting, Voltage Sourced Converters, Enhancing Smart Grid Benefits, Smart Substations, Synchrophasor Systems, Distribution Overcurrent, Smart Distribution Systems, Middleware/ Cloud Computing/ Distributed Computing.
Tutorials are part of the General Meeting. An additional registration fee is required in addition to the conference fee.